Smarter Health Seminars: Value of IT Series
The infraNET Project and the Education Program for Health Informatics (EPHIP) are hosting a special seminar series entitled "Smarter Health: The Value of IT in the Health System". This series examines the dependencies of the health system on IT, the evidence that IT can actually deliver what is required to enable an efficient and effective enterprise, the nature and magnitude of the investment required, and the strategic pathway to ensure the desired deliverables. Presentations by Health Informatics experts of about half-hour duration will be followed by a facilitated discussion.
These seminars will be hosted by David Johnston, President of the University of Waterloo. Dominic Covvey, Director of EPHIP will be the moderator for the seminars.
|Who Should Attend:
||Professionals from the health and IT industries, educators, and interested citizens
||Davis Centre, Room 1302, University of Waterloo
||4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
||No charge to attend, but pre-registering to reserve a seat is recommended.
Seminars and Speakers
- September 26, 2001 - The Health System as a Distributed Information Organization
John Oliver, President and CEO, Halton Healthcare Services Corporation
- October 31, 2001 - An Informationally (and Maybe Functionally) Impaired Health System
Dr. Jan Steiner, Senior Vice President, Park City Solutions, Ann Arbor Michigan
- November 28, 2001 - The Macro- and Microeconomics of IT in Health:Evidence of Effectiveness
Dr. Craig Lehmann, Dean, School of Health Technology and Management, SUNY
Sponsored by Triple G Systems Group, Inc.
- January 23, 2002 - Achieving a Clinical Dose of IT: How Much IT is Enough?
Dominic Covvey, Director, Education Program for Health Informatics Professionals (EPHIP)
and Adjunct Professor, Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- February 20, 2002 - What can the IT-Enabled Health System Be and Do?
Dr. Bob Bernstein, Head, Medical Informatics Research Group,
Family Medicine, University of Ottawa
- March 20, 2002 - CHIPPing Away: Federal Government Investment in Health IT
Jeannine Parent, Senior Program Analyst, Innovation and Investment Division,
Office of Health and the Information Highway, Health Canada
- April 17, 2002 - Project Outreach: Ontario-Based Tele-Psychiatry Project
Dr. Robbie Campbell, Director - Project Outreach
Scientist - Lawson Health Research Institute
Adjunct Professor - Dept. of Psychiatry - University of Western Ontario
- May 22, 2002 - Healthcare, Technology and Privacy: Challenges and Opportunities
Greg Keeling, Director - Strategic Planning and Technology
A/Executive Assistant to the Commissioner
Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
- June 19, 2002 - Smarter Health - Pulling It Together
A Panel Discussion